8 sessions x 1.5 hours = 12 hours
+ 4 Hours Practice
Course Cost : $350
The core of this course is to reinforce the knowledge and skills acquired in the Beginner course. At this stage trainees are familiar with the equipment and basic skills, ready to experiment further, have fun and unleash their musical creativity!
– SET BUILDING & MUSIC PROGRAMMING: how to select tracks to build a set and take the listener on a journey. What to play and when to play it.
– ORGANISATION OF TRACK LIBRARY: how to better organize tracks enabling trainees to play to an audience confidently.
– ADVANCED CONTROLS: In depth explanation of the functions of each DJ system, midi-mapping and the accompanying software. How these functions can be used to add originality and creativity to the mix.
– DIGITAL TECHNIQUES: Samples, loops & FX. An explanation and demonstration of the more commonly used effects during a DJ set. How loops and samples can enhance your set.
– ADVANCED BEAT MIXING, BASIC SCRATCHING AND CUTTING: trainees will learn these concepts to expand their skill set and be innovative whilst mixing. Matching phrases, rhythms, and avoiding key clashes / sound clashes.
– SUMMARY & PRACTICE OF ALL SKILLS LEARNT ON THE COURSE.
– STUDENTS TO PASS THE CDJA INTERMEDIATE COURSE ORAL AND PRACTICAL TEST.